Visit the Monument
Below you find the information you need to prepare your visit.
- The entrance of the monument is free.
- There are three entrances:
- at the side of Nieuwe Keizersgracht
- at the side of Nieuwe Herengracht
- via de Hoftuin
- The entrances at de Nieuwe Keizers- and Nieuwe Herengracht are open from 8 a.m. till 8 p.m. (also during the current lockdown)
- Both entrances are accesable by wheelchair
Please try to travel by public transport:
Metro: 51, 53 or 54
Exit: Weesperstraat (note: no elevator available).
If public transport is not an option and you wil travel by car you can park it at two parkings:
Q park Waterlooplein, Valkenburgerstraat 238, 1011 ND Amsterdam
Q park Stopera, Waterlooplein 28, 1011 PG Amsterdam
How to find a name on the monument?
Are you looking for a specific name? If you scan a QR code at the location of the monument it will bring you to the app that can point out the location of the name you are looking for.
Also at home, you can locate a name on the monument by scanning th QR code (image below) with your smartphone. Or click the image with the code and start searching a name.